Thompson Family 2005

Thompson Family 2005
Happy Times

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fourth Anniversary

How do you express your thoughts when it has been 4 years since our son contacted some terrible infection while in Baylor Hospital that, in my opinion, caused his very untimely death. Missing him and thinking about him is no easier today than 4 years ago. But today, I will count my blessings and try not to dwell on the sad things. My blessings are so many that I will undoubtedly leave some out but here goes:
God and his son Jesus Christ, all of my church family.
My earthly family - Deedie, Mitzi, Amy and Tim and soon to be Little Gabe,, Jason and Melody, Annette..
My sister and her family: Sharon, Ray, Christi, Eddie, Brandon, Madison, McKenna, Steven, Ami, Eric, Kevin, Emily, Shane, Shei, Blake Cade
My aunt Dorothy and cousins Margie and Bobby
All of my friends (and I will miss many) Doug and Linda, Martha, Leigh Ann, Sue, Mary Ellen, Cam, Pat, Linda Y., Dawn, Steve Steele, Steve and Barbara, Charles and Julia, George and Joyce, all of Annette's family, and the list could go on and on.
My home, my air conditioner, our little dog Opie, food in the refrigerator. car in the garage.
I'm thankful for all of the above and that's where my mind will attempt to focus all day. Pray that I will be successful.
Thanks!


5 comments:

  1. Glenda, my heart and thoughts are with you on this bad memory day. What a special man Dennis became with you and Deedie giving him love and support all of his days. Dennis touched many people with his goodness. I know you miss him terribly in spite of the many blessings that you mentioned. We can be thankful of the cd's and that we can still hear him. Love, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!!! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make an addition to this post. I left out (I* knew I would forget someone important) one of the best friends our family has and that is Lisa Burns. She is so very special and has been a great blessing to all our family. Love you Lisa!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some more additions that I can't believe I left out - my dear friends from school that I see and love 50+ years later. Harriet, Carolyn and Charles, Raymond and Liz and all the class of '56. You know who you are.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just now saw this post... very well said! Love you!!! Mitzi

    ReplyDelete